- Desktop client:
- Live bookmarks:
Some good places to find feeds:
- ticTOCs Journal Table of Contents Services – find RSS feeds for scholarly journal tables of contents and stay up to date with your professional literature.
- Higher Education Blog Directory
- Baylor Library New Materials RSS Feeds
- Grab an RSS feed of any Flickr tag
- Send a Google Search Alert to an RSS feed
Other Uses for RSS
RSS is not limited to delivering the news. Any sort of data that can be broken down and organized with a list can be gotten via RSS. Examples:
- Traffic information
- Airline delays
- Real Estate listings – many real estate companies or MLS listings site provide RSS feeds for customized searches.
- UPS Tracking
- Sports scores
- Weather updates
If you have a faculty/staff homepage using WordPress (http://homepages.baylor.edu) RSS feeds are automatically built in. Start publishing your own RSS feed today! Contact Lance Grigsby to set up your homepage.
Since a large part of my job is the creation of online tutorials related to library resources and research, I was very pleased to learn a few weeks ago that the Company and Industry Research tutorial that our business librarian, Carol Schuetz, and I created last fall, was accepted into as a PRIMO tutorial – PRIMO is a committee of the ACRL Instruction Section, and they peer-review online tutorials and select the ones which they consider to be exemplary and good standards for other libraries.
There are several more tutorials in the pipline…